Bluestem Brands Settlement
- Entitled: Waddell Williams v. Bluestem Brands Inc.
- Case Number: 8:17-CV-01971-T-27AAS
- Jurisdiction: in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division
A 1.2 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the Bluestem Class Action Lawsuit.
Visit www.bluestemsettlement.com to file a claim and learn more about the case.
In a nutshell class members essentially claim that Bluestem Brands Inc. violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making phone calls to them without their consent.
Bluestem is standing tall, denying any actions of wrongdoing BUT has exposed a chink in their armor as they have agreed to settle.
www.bluestemsettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Williams v. Bluestem Brands Settlement c/o Settlement Administrator 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210 Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-888-925-5234
- Email: Info@BluestemSettlement.com
The above mailing address can also be used to mail in claim forms.
Most class members will want to file their claim online at bluestemsettlement.com/important-documents. (assuming they have internet connection).
BluestemSettlement.com Dates to Remember
- July 16, 2019 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Requests for Exclusion
- July 16, 2019 – Deadline to File Objections with the Court. Postmark Deadline for Mailed Objections to Counsel
- July 16, 2019 – Deadline to Submit a Claim Form. Postmark Deadline for Mailed Claim Forms
- August 27, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. ET – Fairness Hearing
If you do not file a claim you will not receive a settlement award.
Please note class members do not need to attend the fairness hearing in order to receive a slice of the 1.2 Million Dollar BluestemSettlement pie.
Need a credit card? Check out the Citi Special Purchase Rate Offer!
BUT who should file a claim? (class eligibility)
Anyone in the United States who “received one or more telephone calls to [their] cellular telephone from Bluestem Brands, Inc. from November 2, 2015 through July 8, 2018, that were wrong number calls—in that [they were] not a customer of one of Bluestem’s businesses (Fingerhut, Gettington, or PayCheck Direct).”
Class members will need the claim ID or cell phone number when filing a claim (proof of purchase).